EPM – Enhanced Promotion Model – by DA Schmidt. (June 2012)
During the course of my thesis I put together a model for promotion which I call the “Enhanced Promotion Model” and I would like to share it with you in hopes that you might be able to apply it and test if for yourself to see how it works for you.
All I ask is that you give me some feedback on how this model worked for you and what I might be able to add or say differently. But generally speaking, any feedback, comment or questions are very welcome. Try to keep the comments centered on my website so that everyone can have easy access to the answers and join the discussion. At a minimum I ask that you give me credit with a link to this specific post.
What is it:
The Enhanced Promotion Model is a combination of proven promotional methods which, together, provides a new way to look at the Promotion Mix!
I have merged the Integrated Marketing Communications model by Kotler and Seth Godin’s Fashion Permission complex; added the Feedback aspect and made an enhanced, bulletproof method to promote any product. I’ve searched over the internet and haven’t found anything like this.
Why it works:
This model works, mainly because it is a combination of tried and proven models! All I have done is brought them together in a way that I believe makes sense. And one way for us to measure this is by obtaining Feedback, which I added as a very crucial element to seal it all together and which automatically provides proof on whether the model works or not.
1) The model assumes that the product on its own, is its own promotional tool! Therefore the product/service has to be as Remarkable and unique as possible.
2) Then we are going to find the persons that are listening and are interested in hearing. They will be the pioneers of the product.
3) We deliver on our promise and again, because our product is so remarkable and amazing, they will tell their friends, (which gives us more people to try our product).
4) While these listeners are enjoying themselves with using our product we ask them for their permission for us to contact them the next time we have a new version/product to offer.
Throughout this entire process two things are happening;
5) we have to make sure to maintain one integrated communication strategy and;
6) we are getting as much feedback and running as much tests as possible, so we can tell right away, what works and what doesn’t work and what needs tweaking!
So, there you have it. I really hope that this is useful for you and please do remember to leave a note on how it has helped you. If you need my assistance I would gladly be willing to help or assist. Just contact me here.